Saturday 6 April 2013

Senior Year! And Beastly Creme Brulee~ :P

Konbanwa! It has been a long time since I watch any movies on Disney Channel XD High School Musical 3: Senior Year, thought I'd check it out this lazy Saturday night XD It has been one of those movies that are memorable during my childhood, like, up to 6th grade, before I became a tween! It's also the first movie that I watch in the cinema with my friends, you can say it's my first hangout sesh with them :3 So this movie begins with Troy, Gabriella and their friends singing...and ends with them singing...*shrug*! XD It has been the most epic in this trilogy! The songs in the movie are awesome as ever, even more epic than the ones in the previous two movies, and we get to see Troy and the rest graduating and finishing their final year in East High! :D  Even though they sing and dance at some situations that will seem awkward when done in real life o.O Rocking about your childhood with choreographed dance moves and a bunch of strangers that pop out of nowhere? fine, it's sort of cool, their song and all, but if you're a passerby and you see them performing. With a malfunctioning car that has its hood opening and closing like a fish's mouth or automatic sliding glass doors that has its sensors being trolled by someone. Dude, get a new car! And who's that girl popping out with her shadow? Personally, I find sudden singing and well-choreographed dancing at random moments with random people who seem to know what to sing and how to dance at the right time rather strange. Unless it's one of those private moments (in your own room, by yourself :P who DOESN'T sing and dance alone in their own room and rock on like you're a pop star in your imagination? XD), high moments (very fun with friends XD SAA, LET'S DANCE~ ((Uta Pri moment), mini concerts or campaigns or something that I don't give a dayum about o.O And if I'm Gabriella and I sing my heart out on the porch in front of my house before I leave, won't my neighbours be like, "aw, shaddup!" ?=w=lll  But this IS a movie about musicals, so it's exceptional, I guess. And Troy entering the school in the middle of the night, just to vent his frustrations? Where da hell did those basketballs come from? Heaven? I'm pretty sure I'll get knocked out by one of them :P Thank God they're not volleyballs! Or metal balls =w=lll Iron balls? They sound like eye balls XD Won't a guard be like, who's that kid singing in the hallways? Doesn't he know what time it is already? Get outta here! At least it's just Miss Darbus, but then why is SHE there??? :O 

         Just watching them going through their senior year makes me think of MY senior year. Like, why can't mine be as interesting as theirs? Why can't I sing and play as awesome as them? Why do they have prom in school and a cool office for the staff of yearbook editors and mine don't? When will I learn how to bake creme brulee? When do I even get to eat creme brulee? What IS creme brulee??? ((piak~



so close, yet so far! One day, I shall sample you! :P

          If I'm a passerby and see Troy and Gabriella singing and dancing, him in a tux, her in casual wear, I'll be like, oooooo~~~ omg, they look GORGEOUS~ ah, love~<3 I wonder, do people even do that? Dancing and singing in somewhere private, just the two of them, no one else to interrupt them? Hmmmm~ Dancing, yes, but singing? I'm VERY curious about romance, somewhat. I question it everyday, what with the media and books broadcasting it and always talking about LURVE~ I always think that them couples kissing and looking into each other's eyes is sweet and romantic, but now that I see some of my friends and schoolmates dating left and right, and watch those moments on TV where the couples are so close and just stare at each other before moving in for a kiss, I'm like, won't that be awkward??? o.O Just looking at each other like that, doing nothing but STARE~ And what about the actors and actresses that play the part? UTTERLY AWKWARD~ for me anyway :P but since they're professionals, they pulled it off perfectly~


        But then I can be sentimental when watching dramas and movies and all that. I feel sad when I see Troy and Gabriella dancing in Harvard (that's Harvard, right? I forgot :P) and know that they didn't get to dance together in school with their friends. Friends are important in life, too :'( But then I feel happy and somehow proud of them when they're able to be together again :) That reminds me, I just watched Shrek this morning, and I almost cried when I see how sad Shrek and Fiona are when they're apart :'( Tears welled up in my eyes and my throat hurt. I'm that easily moved :P Dad said my emotions are controlled by a box (the TV), and that I should not be like that. The same goes for songs, too o.O He learnt that, about how our emotions are easily influenced by others, in a workshop one time, where the host made them think of really sad thoughts and then really happy thoughts and switch to sad thoughts again, to show that we can actually control our emotions. Wish I could attend that workshop :P


        After watching HSM 3, HBO just HAS to broadcast Beastly at the same time as HSM =.= I missed most of the movie, dayum~ I haven't watch it before, I just read the book, but after watching some of the movie, I actually prefer reading about the story. See, Kyle wasn't exactly UGLY, just, his face in the movie is scarred and has weird tattoos all over. You can even say this guy looks like the artistic type who has gone through a bad ordeal or something, it's not like he's ugly to the point of being isolated by everyone, even though it totally shows in the movie; in the book, though, he was transformed into a real beast, complete with fur and claws and other beastly attributes. That, I can understand why he can't be seen in public. It makes more sense. Also, Vanessa Hudgens looks way older in Beastly, with the red lipstick and the fringe, very unlike HSM. In HSM, she looks prettier with the light makeup and the long, wavy 'do. Is she always portrayed as the beautiful and brainy female protagonists? XD Plus the movie doesn't feel like it has a climax to it, unlike in the books, where Kyle has to save Lindy from her father and gets shot in the process. Or maybe I missed it o.O 'cause towards the ending of the movie, it only shows that he took her to places and even gave her a letter but when she said that he's a "good friend" to her, he took it that she doesn't love him the way he loves her and got disappointed and mad and never answered her calls. It was only after they met up and kissed, that he turned back to his normal self with flawless facial skin and blonde hair. And that's it, he got the kiss, without having to sacrifice his life for her or face any danger or anything. It's that simple. End of the story. Though I like where Kendra made her appearance in an office, signing up for a job with a typical, ready-to-be-cursed boss, probably on her way to teach that guy a lesson that Kyle has learned. Go Kendra! XD


           Rain is rather heavy today, even at night, so air conditioning isn't needed much. Seems like there're floods in some parts of Penang and the traffic is jam as hell. No wonder some of my friends were late for the photo shoot/Leo meeting in school today o.O At least I got to cross the road, head over to the Summer Dessert Bakery and buy a raspberry mochi ^^ No chocolate mousse though :( They sell excellent chocolate mousse, with a macaron to top it off. I also bought a box of macarons for my brother, since that I finished off all 5 of them last time and he didn't get to try one :P Gomen gomen! I tend to have a sweet tooth.


         And now my whole time on Saturday is wasted. Again. I still have school work QAQ I didn't even get to play Skyrim on the PS3! TT^TT Ah well, time to hit the hay! Oyasumi!


   

No comments:

Post a Comment